Some things never change.
It’s a time-honored tradition to gather around an outdoor fire pit to stay warm and spend time with friends and family. Today, a gas fireplace can deliver that same glow and warmth to your living room.
Gas fireplaces are not only more convenient than wood stoves—but they’re also better for the environment. Most burn with a 90 percent or higher efficiency rating, meaning virtually no pollution.
Want to cozy up your living room? How about an outdoor gas fire pit on your porch to sit by with a drink? Jacob's HVAC/R can craft the perfect gas fireplace solution to make your Wenatchee home even cozier and inviting. We’re pleased to bring you the finest gas fireplaces in the business in Washington.
Customers also enjoy the number of options available. You can pick the fireplace that meets your needs and complements your surroundings.
Here are some of the more popular gas fireplace designs that you can work with and customize:
- Inserts—Inserts have the traditional “log and burner” design. This log and burner set is housed in a metal box, enclosed in another slightly larger metal box, and sits in your fireplace. You’ll also need to decide whether you want to vent or go vent-free.
- Built-Ins—Built-in fireplaces look similar to inserts. They utilize the same technology but don’t require a fireplace or chimney. They can go virtually anywhere. Vented units permeate hot air through an opening in the wall. Like inserts, they can be vented or non-vented.
- Log Sets—Log sets are the most budget-friendly option due to their simplicity. A specialist will place ceramic faux logs in your fireplace and install a gas burner underneath to produce flames. The installation will only require some drilling to access your gas or electric lines.
- Material—While we love the rustic feel of logs, you can choose from many more designs. Some popular materials for gas fireplaces include reflective glass rocks, ceramic stones, and faux coal. These materials come in various shapes and colors. You can pick the perfect design that suits your living area.
- Vented or Vent-Free—One of the great benefits of gas fireplaces is their lack of smoke, odor, and soot. But like a gas stove, they produce trace amounts of pollutants like carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen, and sulfur oxides.
Vented fireplaces blow these pollutants outside, while nonvented fireplaces do not. While safer, they are slightly less efficient than nonvented.
Nonvented fireplaces have an efficiency rating of nearly 99 percent. They are also more versatile—you can install them just about anywhere. Be sure to weigh the options with a specialist so you can make the best choices.
Gas Fireplace Installation and Replacement
Interested in a new gas fireplace? Jacob's HVAC/R is here to assist. Whether you’re starting from scratch or upgrading an older model, we can make it happen.
Before installing your gas fireplace, we’ll work with you to find a design that fits all your Wenatchee home needs. Next, we’ll take measurements. If you’re converting to gas for the first time, we’ll need to drill to extend your gas or electric line.
We always take precautions to ensure you’ll have a secure and fully functional fireplace. That’s why we strongly discourage making this a do-it-yourself (DIY) project for safety reasons!
We’re confident we can create a solution that will exceed your expectations. Be sure to schedule service online today for free project consultation and an accurate, upfront quote.
Gas Fireplace Repairs
Unlike their wooden competitors, gas fireplaces never go out. That is, except when they break.
Is your gas fireplace dimmer than usual? Not turning on altogether? Not circulating heat as it did before? Let one of our experts help you out.
Our team has keen eyes for spotting issues. Whether it’s the pilot light, a spark ignitor, or a mechanical problem, we can get your fireplace back up and running in no time.
Even if we didn’t install your fireplace, we know how to repair it. We always perform work we believe in—that’s why we offer exceptional warranties on all of our repairs.
For safety reasons, don’t try to fix it yourself! Schedule a repair online today, and one of our specialists will kick the heat back on in no time.
Gas Fireplace Maintenance
Too many times, we will replace a fireplace that could have lasted longer with preventative maintenance. When it comes to extending your gas fireplace’s lifespan, increasing its energy efficiency, and keeping your home safe, preventative maintenance is the way to go.
Unchecked blockages, grimy parts, and broken components can damage your fireplace. In some cases, they can even lead to hazardous CO levels. Our certified specialists will clean and tune all the parts and ensure everything is fully operational.
Is your fireplace due for a checkup? Schedule maintenance online today for fast and friendly service.
And be sure to ask about our SERVICE CARE PLAN to enjoy significant cost savings on parts, labor, and repairs.